"We want to find out 'How to REALLY Keep Our Kids Safe from Addiction' and will definitely be in the Classroom in the Park"
O'Donnell Memorial Park will be transformed into a place of learning, healing and action. Between 1-2:30 pm, is A Walk in the Park featuring over 20 attractions, including:
- The Addiction Policy Forum Classroom, where "How to REALLY Keep Your Kids Safe From Addiction" will be the lesson of the day.
- The HOPE ONE Van, that will be open for business and accepting anyone interested in getting help.
- A Self-Care Station, where 5 minute chair massages provide the natural relief essential to managing stress.
- Angels In Motion, where attendees can take part in creating an essential part of their well-known "blessing bags".
- Complimentary cold beverages and water ice at the Hydration Station.
- Prevention City, where walk up training and prevention tool kits will be available.
- Meeting Market, where support systems can develop and expand organically among people with common challenges.
- Open Mic, where the voices of south jersey are heard as part of the national FED UP RALLYS taking place around the country simultaneously.
- Kid's Korner, where parents can bring their little ones for sidewalk chalk fun.
- Over a dozen vendor tables of the best service providers and organizations in the area.
And so much more....
After your walk in the park you should have a lower risk of overdose death happening to you or someone you love, enhanced support in dealing with the particular aspect of overdose that has impacted your life or could and a new perspective on the substance use epidemic and interest in helping to end it.